Friday, May 16, 2008

Hoisery in Huddersfield

As those who've been reading this blog for a while may perhaps remember, over a year ago one of my areas of interest was Smelly Aisle in my local Sainsbury's at Moortown, Leeds. They refurbished the store completely to make everything difficult to find, and in the process I think one of the builders must have been buried underneath somewhere.

So as you wandered round you suddenly encountered a Putrid Reek of Death which was not terribly enjoyable as you tried to buy your week's groceries.

Eventually I suppose the maggots consumed the corpse and now the Smelly Aisle smell has faded.

So much for Leeds. In Sainsbury's in Huddersfield they have a Hoisery department.


"Oy, Mike, get that sign put up."

"What's it mean though, Ted?"

"Like how d'you mean? What's what mean? Cosmetics? Y'know, make-up and that."

"No, not cosmetics. Hoisery. What's hoisery?"

"No idea. Who cares? Probably some women's crap. Just get the hammer."

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Hoisery? Don't they mean hosiery? You know - fishnet stockings and flesh coloured tights, gussets and silky skin-hugging stretchy fabrics in various skin colours, adorning women's limbs ooooo! I could go on but I am now too excited to concentrate. Down boy!

12:40 am  
Blogger Debby said...

I'm sure the sign was made by a man. Had it been the aisle for penis related items & soccer paraphernalia, I'm sure the spelling would have been precise.

2:31 am  
Blogger Jennytc said...

I think they must have reorganised all the stores at that time, Daphne. I used to dread going in there and even the staff never knew where to find things either.

YP - behave!!

8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know people still used that term these days.

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home