Friday, April 18, 2008

To Finnish the Story

Although Emily and Gareth's luggage getting lost was a really horrible thing to happen, it did give rise to some excellent bad puns.

A love of puns is supposed to be a sign of advancing age but in that case I was born old - I've always loved all those puns to be found in Reader's Digest and such.

Emily and Gareth's first case turned up after a couple of days and then the second one appeared outside their cottage several days later. Infuriating, but at least they've got them back. As I write this, Emily and Gareth are back in Blighty on the train back from Manchester Airport.

Okay, on to the puns:

The Finns' clipped delivery and lack of apparent empathy is apparently well-known and they sometimes have to be sent on courses on How To Talk To Foreigners And Not Sound Rude. I thought that, with my experience in Communication Skills, I could set up a course for them and call it Finnishing School.

Thanks to Silverback whose comment when the first case was found was that "they're not over the Finnishing line yet".

Thanks also to Stephen who commented that the cases appeared to have vanished into Finnair.

That's all folks! (for now) (sorry) (but not very)

7 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

E & G's arrival home and their bags arrival at the cabin was almost a photo Finnish!

11:58 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Debby - brilliant! Why didn't I think of that one?

12:05 am  
Blogger Debby said...

It was inFinnitely better than some of the others I came up with.

2:47 am  
Blogger Jennytc said...

I wonder if it's a generation thing. I love these 'play on words' things but my children have always cringed at what they see as my pathetic sense of humour.

8:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they have a good time regardless??? I hope so. Always nice to be home when you've been away though, creature comforts and all that.

Re: your comment on my blog - I am 'alive' and thanks for asking! :D

Just having something of a 'time out' at the moment with regard to posting.

The good news it that Prague is booked and I'll be there this time next week! :P

Have a good weekend.

10:17 am  
Blogger Diz said...

It can only get worse, as this is obviously the Finn end of the wedge.

11:21 pm  
Blogger MrsG said...

I hope they managed to Finn-angle an apology!
(Is that even a real word?!)

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home