Friday, February 15, 2008

Dreamlike

Momentous occasions always feel a bit dreamlike to me.

The astonishing weather that we found in Barrow-in-Furness had a dreamlike quality too. Here's the tiny and beautiful Piel Island, just off Barrow:

Barrow-in-Furness, for goodness' sake, where my earliest - though very happy - memories of beaches were of howling gales and grey skies.

And here we are, in February, flat calm, stunning sunshine. No Photoshop, no nothing. This is just how it was.

In the Olden Days they might have said it was an omen.

Emily and Gareth are getting married tomorrow. I hope the Olden Days were right.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic day tomorrow!

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also meant to say - loved the photo!! Very dreamlike quality to it, esp on the water.

6:09 pm  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Beautiful! Barrow? I'd never have thought it.

Have fun tomorrow.

11:51 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

Lovely photo, Daphne.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Sitting here in my igloo, I'll be sending warm thoughts to you all tomorrow afternoon.

Guess I'll be in a tepid pool by the end of it all.

Best wishes to the happy couple and I'm glad that your dad WILL be a part of it all.

2:24 am  
Blogger MrsG said...

How wonderful!! I'll be thinking of you all today - have a fantastic time!!! xoxoxo

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home