Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No Steamy Sex in This Either, Sorry

So today, in the hideous new multi-storey car park, when the machine ate my pound coin and didn't give me a ticket, I called the supervisor, who was smallish and roundish and clearly a Decent Chap. So I decided to ask him my Question.

"Do you think this is the most confusing car park in Western Europe, or is it merely the most confusing car park in the UK?"

"Western Europe, probably," he said. "I've just helped a woman who's been driving round and round for fifteen minutes. She'd never have got out."

"Could you tell me why the floors are labelled B1 and B2 and L0 and L1 and why the only pay machines are on L0 but there are no signs to tell you whether L0 is up or down and also why you have to drive on the right up the ramps from one floor to the next and why there are no exit signs anywhere?"

"Because it was built by private funding and the NHS Trust had no say in it."

"And do you agree that it's confusing?"

"Oh yes. People are always losing their cars and when they find them they can't get out. They get very upset because they're visiting sick relatives and they're upset anyway."

"Could you give me the name of the person I should complain to?"

"Oh yes. Dave Salter. He's my boss. He's the Traffic Co-ordinator and he's based at Leeds General Infirmary."

Now please pay attention, Dave Salter, if you happen to be reading this. Tomorrow I'm setting off to Barrow-in-Furness to collect a wedding cake and then the next day I'm heading down to Tenby for my daughter's wedding. So I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment.

But I'll be back late on Monday. And then I plan to make your life a living hell until you do something about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awful to think some profit-minded outfit was responsible for the car park. So much for putting the needs of the patients first...

9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost feel sorry for Dave Salter... actually no, I don't. Give him hell!

PS In case I haven't already said it enough, I hope the wedding is wonderful

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home