Friday, April 20, 2007

When Good Owls Go Bad

A couple of days ago I wrote about my strange dream about a television programme called When Good Owls Go Bad. The title sequence showed an owl flying directly towards the camera.

Today, a friend who lives in Thailand sent me this picture, along with some others, winners of an American photography competition.

I've never seen a photo like this before. Coincidence - - OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Nope, coincidence, if you ask me - it's very easy to go round reading meaning into things when it just isn't there. Fantastic photo though, and exactly what I saw in my dream.

I know someone who believed that owls were a whole classification of animals - she thought there were mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, owls - - When I told her, rather tentatively, that owls are birds, she was genuinely astonished. And, looking at this picture, you can see why.

There is something mysteriously appealing about owls, and my favourite owl is the barn owl with its silent flight across the fields. It always gives me a thrill of spooky pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home