Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sick and Tasteless

Humour is, of course, subjective. I've always liked satire: I'm quite into black humour and I like humour that's a bit surreal.

I found this really funny. But you may not. You may say "How COULD she?"

In Tenby, some years ago, as a fund-raising project, someone built a scale model of a home for blind people and it was placed by the seafront under a perspex cover.


Little model blind people roamed its grounds.

The project finished: the funds were raised. Nobody ever removed the model of the home for blind people.

The years passed by. The perspex cover was battered by winter storms. The little model blind people got a bit bored with standing in their allotted positions.

Finally, one of them tried to escape. But, because he was - - er - - blind - - he fell off the raised lawn.

Okay, you'll all hate me now.

"Don't worry," says Gareth, "no blind people are going to read it."

If I'm going down into Tasteless Joke Jail, I'm making damned sure he's going down with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as for Gareth's sense of humour, refer to your next post

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home