Friday, June 29, 2012

Off to Tenby

We first went to Park Hotel, Tenby in 1966, when I was nine and my brother just one.

My mother warned me on the way that we didn't know much about it, really, except that it had its own outdoor swimming pool and there was safe swimming in the sea - - and there seemed to be some good walks round about.  But she hoped we would like it.

We did like it.  We've been there every year since.   So when we go there tomorrow for a week, this will be our forty-seventh year, and the hotel is still owned by the same family.

During the first few years, I would spend the second half of the holiday crying because we'd have to go home soon.

I've grown out of that.  Oh yes.  Well - - nearly.  But I'm still just as excited to be going there.

Here's a clip from the first film I ever saw.  Over to you, Cliff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Have another lovely holiday Daphne and fingers crossed you get some proper sunny weather.

1:13 am  
Blogger Ailbhe said...

Hurrah for holidays! They followed me on Twitter, you know.

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home