Saturday, September 10, 2011

Honey

Honey was in her thirties when I first knew her, and the mother of two young children.

I never met her: I only knew her because I read her blog, and she read my blog.

Since those days, she met a new man, had another baby, and was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Less than three years later, she died on Tuesday, in her thirties, the mother of three young children.

Although I never met Honey, my son-in-law Gareth's mum was a friend of hers in "real life" and I know from her other friends too what a fantastic person she was, with great courage and tremendous love for her family and friends.

Okay, I've been through some tricky times myself in the past few years. During the past three years, whenever things have been difficult, I have thought of Honey and the truly horrendous situation she has been in, and have given myself a large mental kick. I am not going to reveal any more details of her life or her situation - and Honey isn't her real name, but it was the name she used when blogging.

I wish Honey's children and her partner all the very best possible for the future. Although, as I said, I never met her, I don't think I'll ever forget her.

1 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I went over to Alice's blog via your link and read the posts of the last month about Honey. She sounds incredibly loved by her friends and family and one can't ask for more than that. My own mother died at 47, when I was 16. The saddest part is that Honey's younger children may not remember her well.

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home