Saturday, July 23, 2011

In Carnlough Harbour

We saw many, many stunning views in Northern Ireland but, for some reason that I can't quite fathom, this is my favourite:

It's the entrance to Carnlough Harbour: just a small harbour in a small place, but I absolutely loved it. We went there several times (Stephen and Silverback were somewhat surprised by how often, I think!)

I liked the reflections in the water of the boats:

and of the harbour wall:

I couldn't stop taking photos of it: here's one quite late in the evening:

There were steps leading down into the harbour:

Here it is on a different day:

I couldn't do it, because it was a harbour, and not a safe place to swim - - but what I really wanted to do was to go down the steps, swim through that lovely blue sea, out of the harbour entrance, and away. No, I don't know why. But tomorrow morning, when I'm swimming up and down in the pool at Fearnville Leisure Centre in Leeds, that's where my thoughts will be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Lovely, peaceful pictures. But what was so dangerous about that harbour? I don't see Jaws anywhere or a German U boat. As a mermaid, you should have followed your instincts and returned to the ocean. Perhaps next time...

10:15 am  
Anonymous Shooting Parrots said...

It looks idyllic, but for a harbour there aren't many boats. Is it a fishing village or just pleasure craft now?

1:40 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Perhaps in another life you were Briney Murphy??

4:17 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake please help me
I need your help and support to help PAY MY Tuition Fees. I need your only 3 to 5 minutes approximately

What you have to do is
1.go to Google.com and search "Kwotz-Golden Words of Life"
2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
4. click ONE of the ads that appeals to you from AdChoices and visit there.
5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

NOTE: Please only visit through Google or any search engine. Only ONE click is needed.
I will be grateful to you.
May God Bless You.

9:17 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

YP - well harbours are never good to swim in as they always have oil from boats floating about and bits of old rusty metal under the surface - - nooo! And yet it looks SO inviting - -
Shooting Parrots - well there WERE quite a lot of small boats - mostly pleasure craft I'd say.
Bob - - this took me a while to work out but finally, eventually, I got it!! Actually I think in another life I was probably a seal.

7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home