Thursday, January 13, 2011

Busy Week - - and a Reprieve

I'm amazed to find that I haven't posted on this blog since Saturday.

I've been busy. I'm always busy, of course - I suppose I must like it that way! - but this week has been particularly hectic. The agency's monthly meeting was on Sunday and after that my week has been a mixture of working in the agency's office, University teaching and Simulated Patient work.

And you may remember that Stephen was being made redundant. He was supposed to be made redundant from this coming Friday but - for the second time in a year - he isn't being made redundant. They did get as far as signing the redundancy agreement before deciding, belatedly, that he was too valuable to lose, and that the work he's doing is vital.

I can't really give you the details, but we are very pleased with the result, of course. Except we could have done without the stress, which started back in September with the idea of a reorganisation and finished earlier this week with the news that he's carrying on as normal, but with a different manager.

I do want to find someone important in the company and shout at them on the topic of how VERY stressful this kind of thing is. I feel so very sorry for all the thousands of other people who are going through what we've been going through - and many in far worse circumstances with little hope of re-employment.

Yes, I know I'm a worrier. But this time, they did seem determined to go through with it, and it lost me many a night's sleep.

Onwards and upwards, and many thanks to everyone who's given us support through this really tricky time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

I can only imagine how horrible a time you've both been through, Daphne, with possible redundancy hanging over your family but I'm delighted to hear that Stephen's job is safe. :)

9:09 pm  
Blogger Aileen said...

Hello! Daphne

I can't remember how I came across your blog, but looked in from time to time...never commenting. Mainly because of my own poor health just now,I don't blog or comment so much. However,could identify with you and the 'Redundancy' post. My Partner lost his Job last Christmas....his job was outsourced,and 'they' messed up. He has been asked back, starting on the 31st January.Lots of sorting out to do, but an end to a very stressful year!

Regards
Aileen

9:35 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I'd like to buy one of those simulated patients myself. Do you blow them up with a pump or by mouth through a tube? I think I'll call mine Cassandra. What's yours called and has Stephen ever got used to having him with you in the marital bed?
Great news about the redundancy turnaround.

9:43 pm  
Blogger Daphne2 said...

I am really pleased for you both Daphne

6:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home