Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Summer Holiday

Summer Holiday. It was the first film I ever saw in the cinema. I loved it. Cliff Richard and the Shadows and Una Stubbs. Fantastic.

Here's a clip, with the title song (I still love it) and a bit of hilarious - - oh well, not THAT hilarious - word-play on the words rue (road) and roue (wheel).



Appropriate too, because Silverback, Stephen and I are all going on a summer holiday tomorrow.

We're going to Bruges, and then to Amsterdam (and grateful thanks to my brother Michael and his family who live there, but are in England and letting us stay in their flat in Amsterdam). Then to my old friend Graham's delightful place in Burgundy and then on to see some more of France which may or may not involve the Loire and the Dordogne.

I hope to write at least a few blog posts whilst we're there!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth said...

Wow! Maison Creme Anglaise looks wonderful.

Have a fabulous time and, if you do go to the Loire, look out for my sister who is on her usual annual holiday there with her son and French husband!

8:10 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Hope you have another lovely holiday and of course get to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. Who is driving the double decker? Hank Marvin?

9:07 pm  
Blogger mutikonka said...

Did you know Cliff and the Shads appeared on Thunderbirds?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSQWvaln6mA

Have a great Summer Holiday.

6:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your first trip back to Holland since the one you described in an earlier post when you kept losing your parents at the airport?
Enjoy
Lucy

9:12 am  
Anonymous Milo said...

Have a great trip! Well deserved as I know you work hard. I love the Continent! Eat lots and lots of croissants, pastries, etc, and drink lots of good wine. Please have a Ricard (pastis) when in France - for me. Love it!

8:21 pm  
Blogger colin said...

have a great holiday.

8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home