Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Swine Flu

It's been a long and busy day training some new Simulated Patients: they in turn will help to train doctors and other healthcare professionals.

So I'm really tired but wanted to share these two jokes that I heard today with you - -

"I think I might have swine flu. I tried to ring the doctor but all I could hear was crackling."

and this one:

"You don't look very well, are you ill?"

"Yes. I've got gammon flu."

"Gammon flu?"

"Well, I did have swine flu. But I went to the doctor, and he cured me."

Ba-boom! Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank ye.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think I've got wine flu *hic"

9:27 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Must be a British thing. I don't get either joke.

12:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's the puns that are lost on you. Try this one:

If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you not to eat tinned pork because of Swine Flu.

Ignore it . . .

It's just spam.

9:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must’ve heard that the WHO have been following the outbreaks of swine flu closely. It’s all been carefully monitored, and the findings tabled. The resulting graphs are full of pigs and troughs.

9:25 pm  
Blogger The Birdwatcher said...

Well it made me laugh

11:07 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Okay, I get Anonymous's "spam" and "pigs and troughs" (very good!) but I still draw a blank about crackling and gammon flu....

7:16 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thanks, everyone - I've loved all your jokes! Always a sucker for a good - or even bad - pun.
Bob - - gammon is like ham - - it's "cured" often by smoking it. Cured means preseved in this context. And crackling is the pig skin and fat beneath it, roasted crisply, and it is the most delicious thing in the world, and also probably one of the most bad for you. Shame!

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home