Saturday, November 28, 2009

Spaghetti alla Pudding

A few weeks ago, Sheffield blogger Yorkshire Pudding put up a recipe on his blog that sounded both simple and pleasant.

It involved a few traditional South Yorkshire ingredients that I don't like, such as Parmesan (ewwww no) and Black Pepper (ewwww NOOOOOOOO) so I didn't put those in.

But what my version ended up with was:

Fry onion, courgette and tomatoes in olive oil with some lardons (those French chopped-up bits of bacon) until they're cooked.

Cook some spaghetti

Put the rest of it on top of the spaghetti

Eat it.

It was delicious. Thank you, Mr Pudding. I had thought of replacing the Parmesan with Double Gloucester but actually it didn't need this, it was fine as it was.

I replaced the Black Pepper with Bananas in Custard with Dessicated Coconut and we had this for dessert and jolly good it was too. (No, I don't generally eat custard but it's Saturday, I've been working all day and whatthehell.)

I think that's going to be the key to the Daphne School of Cookery. No more than five ingredients in any dish. I haven't time to faff around and anyway, I like things simple.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I am honoured that you have adapted my cookery tip. We mix up the ingredients with the spaghetti before serving and also add a slug of olive oil to ensure the spaghetti doesn't stick. A little cheese adds to the simple flavours of this dish which can be adjusted creatively as you discovered. Spaghetti doesn't have to be about bolognaise meat sauce.

1:34 am  
Anonymous ruth said...

Have you heard of 4 Ingredients
http://www.4ingredients.com.au/
It's Australian but you might like it.

11:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good too: just 3 to 5 ingredients in each recipe

http://www.thegablesschoolofcookery.co.uk/simply3to5.asp

2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS There's a .asp on the end of that link which seems to have got a bit lost

2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home