Sunday, March 08, 2009

Email From an Old Friend

News seems to have spread throughout most of my friends and relatives of the Communist's death last December 8th: but some people still don't know.

The Communist worked as an actor after retiring from his work as a pharmacist: one of the television shows he appeared in was Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, playing a museum attendant - - no, I can't remember a thing about the plot as it was well over ten years ago.

A couple of days ago I received this delightful email from an old friend.

Dear Daphne

Last week I was happily watching Hetty Wainthropp when I realised the man on the screen was Ronnie. He was in uniform, and looked so nice - I don't mean just handsome, but kind. As ever. I don't have news at present of him or Joan - - I hope they're OK. And you all.

Lovely? Yes. Made me cry? Oh yes. But in a good way.

1 Comments:

Blogger CLS said...

This will happen for quite a time - when my folks passed away (16 days apart) we kept their phone number as our own - for the next several years we would get one or two calls for them - it is always impossible to notify everyone so this way we were able to make nice (if sometimes painful) contacts. The phone number was, of course, my number as I grew up so we also received a few calls from old friends who still had my partents number....

1:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home