Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Parisian Flower Shop

When I leave the computer alone for a few minutes it starts doing a random slideshow of photographs from the past year. I like this because sometimes it draws my attention to photographs that I have not looked at for a while.

So from time to time I will post one of these here, for no other reason than that I like it, and hope you do too.

Here's a flower-shop on the Ile Saint-Louis , Paris.

I was determined to walk along the Seine as far as the Ile Saint-Louis because I happened to be reading Bill Bryson's Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe and, by chance, I was in Paris when I got to the section on Paris - - and I was near the Seine when I got to the section about the Ile Saint-Louis and Bill told me how very pleasant it is, and he was entirely correct. In the autumn sunshine it was just glorious - - lots of narrow, pretty old roads and little shops, with the river on either side. All the tourists were a couple of hundred yards away across the bridge cluttering up Notre Dame.

Not stunning, or even particularly unusual - - just delightful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home