Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nine Hundred and Ninety-Nine

I started this blog on Wednesday, March 29th 2006, with a story about how my friend and I tried to prevent the school hedge being cut down, and sadly failed because the headmistress wouldn't listen to us.

This post is number nine hundred and ninety-nine.

"I'll start this blog today," I thought on Wednesday, March 29th 2006, "and make damned sure that the thousandth post comes from America."

Actually, you know jolly well I didn't think that: in those days I never thought I'd get to America. But the thousandth post will, indeed, come from there. Amazing, eh?

Tomorrow we'll be in Florida, with Silverback and his friends: and, of course, I met him through this blog.

Funny how things turn out. It's been a tricky couple of years for me in many ways, and this blog and its readers have meant a lot to me. Thank you so much, everyone, and please keep reading. Post number one thousand will follow as soon as possible, from Florida.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Not from MY wi-fi it won't !!

Only kidding. Actually as you'll have your Eee with you, you could find a hotspot when you first stop for a meal after landing. How geeky would THAT be ?

And technically it'll be Saturday morning UK time when you get to the park here AND you'll be so excited and tired, I doubt you'll want to go online.

Yeah right !

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an ab fab time! Well done for having gone 999 posts, that's quite something! And well done for having stuck to the same blog.

I started blogging in 2003 (blog 1), gave up on that after a year and restarted again in 2007 (when we met, virtually speaking), I gave up on that after 9 months; twas blog 2. I then went self-hosted, I think earlier this year, and that lasted 3-4 months. That was blog 3. Never really took off if I'm honest.

I'm now on blog 4 and 'so far so good'. I always was a flighty so and so.

2:14 pm  
Blogger David said...

congrats, long may you continue

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home