Friday, February 22, 2008

I Am Elinor Dashwood (Apparently)

I found this quiz on Jennyta's blog - thanks, Jennyta - and, always having been a bit of a Jane Austen fan, I had to do the quiz and this is the result:

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!



I am quite happy to be sensible Elinor Dashwood and am just glad I'm not the rather dull Fanny Price or Anne Elliot. Sadly I guessed I was never going to be the exuberant Elizabeth Bennett.

Jane Austen is often classed as a romantic novelist but, though it's true her novels are about young women in love, they are written with tremendous wit, insight and humour, and that's what I like.

Most writers who are classed as romantic novelists produce yards of badly-written Mush, and I hate Mush. Jane Austen is in a class of her own.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

I know it was for women only but I did it anyway and I'm a Fanny Price.


I suspect my friends knew this already !

3:23 am  
Blogger Daphne said...

OH no. Anyone with the chutzpah to claim publicly to be a Fanny Price clearly isn't. You're more of a Catherine Morland - far more fun. Though she didn't have the beard. Or the suntan. And I think those high-waisted muslin frocks probably looked better on her.

9:37 am  
Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

I'm Marianne Dashwood. I play the piano beautifully - funny that, considering I couldn't before I did the test.

Can't imagine how Kate Winslet is going to react to playing the part of an Orkney pig farmer.

3:42 pm  
Blogger Jennytc said...

I agree with your comments on Jane Austen, Daphne. She has always been one of my favourite authors.

9:45 pm  
Blogger beth said...

I'm Elinor Dashwood too - although I might have faked it a bit, because she's probably my favourite.

10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home