Sunday, December 02, 2007

Manners in Dewsbury

I'm working today as it's the company's monthly meeting (it falls on every fourth Sunday).

And afterwards it's our Christmas meal - a bit early, I know, but the actors live all over the country and won't get together again until after Christmas.

So here's just a quick post to show you a Very Very Polite Notice, found on a toilet door in Dewsbury, where I was working earlier this week. I took the photo: the camera flashed: and since I was inside the cubicle at the time I sincerely hoped that nobody saw the flash and wondered what I was doing (insert your own cheap gag here)



Anyway, I'm a big fan of notices of all kinds, as regular readers will know. Should the aliens ever land, they could learn everything they need to know about mankind by reading all the little notices that we plonk about the planet.

So, in an increasingly rude world (and I know that makes me sound like Stuffy Middle-Aged Person, which I really don't want to be - but why shouldn't we be polite to each other?) I just want to thank Sue, above, whoever she may be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's
one I took
in Venice this October that might make you laugh!

3:20 pm  
Blogger mutikonka said...

Oh dear, I read the "Thanks Sue" as a sarcastic jibe at Sue who never flushes the loo properly.

12:31 pm  
Blogger MrsG said...

That's great! There is one up in the gym I go to politely requesting that users 'chop at 4"' as ther toilet system is old and fragile... Gross, but very polite!

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home