Monday, September 10, 2007

The Van Blah Blah Blah

I want a VAN. I've always wanted a van. For years I've been going round muttering this little chant to myself (not all the time, obviously, they'd have locked me up)

I want a van
I want a VAN
I want a van I want a van I want a van

Why do I want a van? Oh, reason not the need, as King Lear remarked whilst staring at a van almost exactly like the one below. Sadly Goneril and Regan had already swiped his and were off to Scotland on holiday in it.




There was the van, this weekend, parked tantalisingly just outside Dagmar in all its lovely van-ness. Green, too, one of my very favourite colours.


This van belongs to The Theatre Company Blah Blah Blah, which remains a very silly name for a theatre company, though they've been going for over twenty years and do some excellent work. They are generally known as the Blahs.


Why do I want a van? Well, you can do this sort of thing with them:


I think it's the idea that if ever you want to transport lots of stuff, you can. And it's that self-contained moveable-house thing that I love about narrowboats, too.

I can't justify getting one: I don't need one enough. But I want one.

If you're passing my house and see the one above parked in my drive, with the Blahs' logo painted over rather badly and DAPHNE'S VAN written on the side in shaky lettering, please don't mention it to anyone.


2 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Would be useful for taking The Communist to places like Tenby when he gets better - or moving a certain young couple to York.

Ian

11:40 pm  
Blogger Diz said...

From what I hear, the hairier one of the young couple has already been infected with a strain of Iwantavanitis. I think, however, it is being treated with large doses of mortgage repayments.

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home