Friday, September 07, 2007

Phoenix and Turtle

If you're in Leeds this weekend you could see Phoenix and Turtle, the summer company of Theatre of the Dales doing two open-air Shakespeares: A Winter's Tale at 2.30pm on Saturday and Sunday and The Tempest at 7.30pm both days.

It's part of the Headingley Festival and the plays will be performed in Dagmar Wood, which is just off Grosvenor Road, which is near Hyde Park Corner. It's easy to find - you'll see a group of people milling around just over a wall.

I've seen both productions before - the plays are abridged so you won't freeze if it's cold, but I don't think it will be cold. The casts are all professional actors and are excellent - the actors' agency I work for represents five of them, and some are in both plays.


Both productions are very entertaining and enjoyable and tickets cost a fiver. I'll be on the door, taking the money, I think, since I've volunteered to help.

If you're reading this in somewhere like Idaho, I can only apologise but you don't know what you're missing. And if you're in Leeds, come along.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home