Sunday, August 19, 2007

Autumn is y-comen in

We never quite managed to trip lightly round singing "Summer is y-comen in" this year. And now, here's autumn already in Gledhow Woods :


Mysterious creatures, fungi, and I associate ones like this with autumn. I suppose it's all the dampness of this wet summer that has encouraged them.

But never once this summer have I had that "It's summer! Hurrah!" feeling, perhaps because of all the rain, and perhaps because of the Communist's illness: he hasn't been at home since June. And now summer's just about over.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsG said...

It's not just you - been miserable all round, I think. Despite moving to somewhere I kind of imagined as having perpetual Summer, we decided last night it muct be Fall now - it's cold(er) and rainy(er) than before and I am getting the dictinct desire to eat carbs and sleep till March...

9:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home