Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You're the One That I Want

My spies within the industry (she said grandly) tell me the following:

After each concert, Heavy Metal icons Iron Maiden like to get home at night, because they don't want to miss their Horlicks and slippers and who can blame them? They have a Lear Jet so they can get back quickly from their international tour dates and relax with a soothing Enya track.

Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden is an experienced pilot so he flies the Lear Jet. But, in order to keep his licence up to date, he has to get commercial flying experience too so flies passenger airlines when he’s not on tour with Iron Maiden.

And who is his co-pilot? John Travolta, of course.

I picture them flying over the Atlantic singing all those hits from Grease, with Bruce Dickinson as Olivia Newton-John:

John: Summer lovin' had me a blast
Bruce: Summer lovin', happened so fast
John: I met a girl crazy for me
Bruce: I met a boy, cute as can be - -

and so on. Glorious.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering the amount of publicity Bruce's flying gets, I can only assume that he was TRYING HIS ABSOLUTE BEST to keep the nature of his co-pilot a secret... I would, if I was him...
Now you've ruined it all.
I can personally imagine "Hey Bruce, how about this nice pair of harlequin Spandex trousers?". It explains a lot.

7:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home