Friday, September 01, 2006

Duncan, Ian and Judi

So there I was this lunchtime, sitting in the cafe at the West Yorkshire Playhouse, having suddenly gone there because David suddenly suggested it, and there, a mere two tables away, was Duncan Preston. Yes! The very same Duncan Preston who's about to play Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird! The very same Duncan Preston who starred in Acorn Antiques and Dinnerladies! The very same Duncan Preston who "learned his craft with the Royal Shakespeare Company, working alongside Ian McKellan glaring spelling mistake and Judy Dench glaring spelling mistake", see previous posts, (oh dear, you groan, will she never let it drop?)

Well I could have gone up to Duncan and said hey, Dunc, Acorn Antiques very funny, being made into musical, that Victoria Wood jolly good eh, and by the way can you tell me all about learning your craft and working alongside Ian and - - oh, haven't you seen the letter, shall I show you?

And there at the bar was the Artistic Director Ian Brown and I could have gone up to him and said hey, Ian, nice theatre n'est-ce pas? Mockingbird splendid novel, Duncan Preston excellent actor best known for getting laughs but - as I expect you know, Ian - actors who can do comedy can always do everything else but the reverse ain't necessarily so - anyway, Duncan learnt his craft with the Royal Shakespeare company, didn't you know? Oh yes, it says so on this letter, shall I show you?

But I didn't. I ate my cheese and ham panini and it was delicious.

(I've posted my letter to the Marketing Manager though)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home