Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Father's day eh? I'd forgotten all about it until about an hour ago and I expect the Communist has forgotten all about it too: but I'll take him a card anyway. He and my mother live next door and I usually go to see them for half an hour at about eleven o'clock at night.

I do appreciate the Communist, who was busy painting our garden bench today and is always well-meaning even if thoroughly opinionated and very slightly bonkers.

They're both eighty-two, my parents, and I know that many - perhaps most - people have lost at least one parent by the time they are my age. So I'm glad they're both still here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen PostSecret today? It's a typically moving array of images and, ah, kind of topical.

12:09 am  
Blogger Martyn said...

Hi Daphne

Just joined the Leeds bloggers webring but I'm a bit of an interloper as I'm in York. You're next along in the cue from me so I thought I'd say hello. Nice to get to know the neighbours :-)

Few of us started a yorkshire bloggers webring a few days ago as well which may be of interest.

cheers for now
Martyn

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home