Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Our Gothic Pile


"Where's this?" I cruelly asked the Communist and my mother.

They peered at it.

"It's somewhere near here," I said helpfully.

They were baffled and thought for a while.

"The Roman baths on Gledhow Wood Road," said the Communist.

Not a bad guess, but WRONG.

"It's nearer than that."

They drew a blank.

"It's in our house."

They looked even blanker.

"In Emily and Gareth's study."

Finally I told them.

"It's about one and a half inches high."

"WHAT?"

Yes, Gareth, Emily's fiance who lives with us, made it from plaster, using moulds, and then painted it and took the photo. It's to be used when playing Dungeons and Dragons, and looks very realistic. In fact, if I were Millie, the tiniest fairy in the world, I might move in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I hope the little fairy is very happy there. It does, however make me think my dear son has a bit too much time on his hands!
Seriously, though, it is wonderful; thanks for sharing.

1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home