Thursday, August 11, 2011

Still Life With Spades

Olli, Gareth, Alex and David were a bit pushed for time when they set off for the Wacken Open Air Festival near Hamburg in Germany. Also, the car was a trifle full. Four people and all their luggage, including a tent and sleeping equipment and food.

"Just leave the stuff from your car that you don't need. Dump it in the dining-room," I said rashly.

And here it is.

Some of it's a bit hard to identify - - a couple of spades from the seaside holiday in Tenby, some postcards, a Firefly dvd - -

I wasn't here when they left and never did notice that the thing in the grey box was the camping stove, which would have been far more use to them in the car, travelling to Wacken to seize its moment of glory.

Oh well, it didn't matter in the end - - they didn't starve and are now safely back again, and they had a really good time. Hurrah!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth said...

I think I'm glad you didn't provide this link:
http://www.wacken.com/
I'm not sure I would dig Wacken Open Air festival. With or without a spade.

5:56 pm  
Blogger Silverback said...

"....the camping stove, which would have been far more use to them in the car."

Don't give them ideas !

8:38 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I see that all my favourite bands were on the Black Stage at Wacken last weekend - including:-
Moonsorrow
Kataklysm
Mayhem
Sepultura
Kreator
Children of Bodom
I have all their albums. Really groovy man!

9:35 pm  
Blogger Jennytc said...

That's the advantage of having a small house, I guess, Daphne, people can't leave their stuff for you to mind. ;)

9:36 pm  
Blogger Jan Blawat said...

Firefly!!! Yes, my kind of people.

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home