Sunday, August 07, 2011

Show Us Your House

All the politicians seem to have gadded off on holiday whilst Rome burns - - - well, the Stock Market plummets, amongst other things.

Granted, I'm about to do the same myself - - but then I never asked to run the country.

Of course, we voted for them. Well, somebody did, anyway.

One thing that always annoys me is that they bang on, pre-election, about how they care about us all, man of the people blah blah - - and some people actually believe them. In Dennis Skinner's case, it was actually true, but it usually isn't.

So I have devised a plan to highlight this before the election in future.

You know how when they're standing for office as an MP they always send you a little leaflet with a smiling photo that bangs on about how they're a lovely stable married person with three smiling children and they really care about your neighbourhood?

I think it should include a compulsory picture of their house. I once saw a newspaper article showing the houses of lots of politicians and they were mostly million-quid mansions.

"I really want to be MP for Chavstown Grimley as it's a wonderful area with some splendid salt-of-the-earth people and I have all your interests at heart. And here's a picture of my little twenty-two-bedroom house in Meadow Bottom. Sorry there's a bit of building work going on at the front - we're adding an extra moat."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In many cases their primary residence in their constituencies are quite shabby……..

9:38 am  
Blogger Jennytc said...

So many politicians these days come from very well off backgrounds and, importantly, have never had a 'proper' job and have no idea of what life is like for the vast majority of ordinary people that they claim to represent. Just look at current members of the government and their shadow equivalents.

10:19 am  
Blogger aerate harsh ladle said...

Jennyta, couldn't agree with you more. Even if you are a 'wo/man of the people' you have to undergo a selection process, which seems to mitigate against 'people like us' in favour of 'people like US' i.e. the independently wealthy, privately educated elites.

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Shooting Parrots said...

To be fair, if you're David Lammy MP, you probably need an extra moat or two to keep the mob at bay.

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://anemptychairatourtable.blogspot.com/

Such very sad news of Honey - I'm sure you used to have a link from your blog to hers.

9:31 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

I think an error has occurred in your blogpost ma'am. I am Chavstown Grimley and I am hoping to become the next MP for Leeds Central. I live in a country property near Virginia Water, Surrey with my fiance Hermione who is an investment banker. I am typing this as I overlook the Med from our summer apartment in Cannes. Very spiffing. Could you tell me a little about Leeds as I have never visited the place. Do you have electricity up there? Is it in Lancashire or Yorkshire?

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home