Thursday, April 18, 2013

This Week's Activities



I've had a really busy week this week and will write more about our adventures in Wales last weekend shortly.

However, in the meantime, here's an account of my mother's activities.

On Monday she did a lot of gardening.

On Tuesday she helped her gentleman friend clean out the pond, so the frog spawn would have nice clean water to hatch out in.

Yesterday she did some gardening during the day and went to see a play in the evening.

Today she's done some gardening and now she's gone to the pub quiz with her gentleman friend.

Tomorrow, Friday, my mother will go for her blood test prior to her fifth lot of chemotherapy, which will be next Monday.

On Saturday it will be her eighty-ninth birthday and my brother's coming over from Amsterdam to join us.

If you ask her how she is, she looks at you as though you're a bit daft and says "I'm fine, of course."  She was six and a half stone in December.  Now she's eight stone.

Did I think, back in December, that I'd be writing such a blog post in April?  No I jolly well didn't.  Amazing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth said...

Fantastic and a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mum with love and hugs for both of you xxx

9:46 pm  
Anonymous Jay at The Depp Effect said...

How lovely, Daphne! Please wish your Mum a very happy birthday from me (and tell her she's welcome to come and do my garden if she fancies a change)!

10:32 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Good heavens! It is as if there has been some kind of miracle. I am sorry but your lack of blogging made me think your mother was at death's door. It is wonderful to discover she's being as girlish as ever. More 89 year old ladies should clean out ponds! Praise to the mum of the Daphne!

9:02 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Well, that's just absolutely wonderful. I am smiling at the word-picture you paint.

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home