Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spoooooky

Ohhhh I've been busy.  Crazily busy, working all over the place.  In the past couple of weeks I have worked in Bradford, Grimsby, Sheffield, Harrogate, Nottingham and York as well as my home city of Leeds.

I've worked with Macmillan Nurses, pharmacy students, doctors hoping to train to become GPs, students of psychiatry, medical students and had a really interesting evening working with nurses at the Royal College of Nursing's conference. I have enjoyed almost all of it, apart perhaps from what I described in a previous blog post: the Ilfracombe Affair - - though it wasn't, of course, in Ilfracombe.

One day last week I had to get up at 4.30am and that was seriously early, even for me - though when I got to it, the job was great and the people were lovely and for me, this makes it all worthwhile.

This coming week's pretty busy too, though not as much so as the past fortnight.  This is exam season for many healthcare professionals and I've been fortunate enough to be asked to work on many of the exams, or OSCEs as they are often called (Objective Structured Clinical Examination).

Many thanks to Lord Pudding, who noticed from his deckchair in remote and tropical Blogland that I haven't been blogging for a while!  From now on I hope to be back to what passes for normal round here.

All this rushing about seems to have given me a lot of vivid dreams.  On Thursday night I dreamed that I got into the car, set off to drive to my next job, and the radio came on playing Adele singing Make me Feel your Love which was written by Bob Dylan, and which I very much like.

That was all there was to the dream: I woke singing the song to myself.  I'd forgotten all about the dream until I got into the car to drive to York and switched the radio on - - - and of course it didn't play the Adele song, that would have been a truly ridiculous coincidence with all the thousands of songs on their playlist.  No, it was Jeremy Vine with a discussion about how the memorial plaque in Warrington had been taken and sold for scrap metal.

So, there I was, thinking about how when I'm in charge such crimes will be in a whole new section called CRIMES AGAINST SOCIETY, and I was just thinking in a Daily Mail Reader way of what suitable punishments would be for the perpetrators - - - when Jeremy Vine said "and now some music".  Guess what came next?  Yes, you've got it.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Ruth said...

I love that song too - great coincidence and well remembered dream (I usually forget mine)

9:34 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Your convoluted excuse for not blogging reminds me of intricate excuses I sometimes got from kids who hadn't done their homework "...and then after the aliens had taken my schoolbag and I got back to our flooded home I found out that my entire extended family had been killed in a motorway accident..." Yeah, right kid!

12:13 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

You're right, that is spoooooky....

12:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home