Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sweepers - Sweet Perfection

We were in the car on our way to see an actor: a new applicant to the agency in a play (he was superb, I'm delighted to say).

But I had woken up at seven and cleaned various bits of the house with great thoroughness and speed as though cleaning is my favourite activity ever (it's not).

So by the time we left the house at two, I was rather tired, and fell asleep in the car. No, I wasn't driving, luckily.

I was only asleep for a little while but I woke up with a whole new product firmly prepared in my mind, and I have no idea why. But this is what I dreamed:

They are a kind of sweet and they are called Sweepers.

They are brightly coloured and round with swirls of different colours. The tag line on the packaging is Sweet Perfection and the words are cleverly combined so that the Swee and the Per make the name of the product with an S swirling through the middle.

The television commercial shows a group of people - some adults, some children - all dipping in and choosing different coloured Sweepers until they have all gone - - with the voiceover saying something about "a clean sweep".

Then I woke up.

Now then - - where on Earth did all this lot come from? What is going on in my head? I have never aspired to make my fortune in either manufacturing, or retail, or confectionery - - so why did this all spring to my mind in such completeness?

I do occasionally dream in verses - I have posted a few on this blog in the past - but I've never dreamed anything so comprehensive before, and all perfectly formed in my subconscious as we drove through Doncaster. Blimey.

I'm hoping that tonight I'll be dreaming the business plan and the location of the factory that's going to make them.

Anyone want some Sweepers? They look good, and they taste good too. I like the red ones best. Sweet Perfection.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Shooting Parrots said...

Well I'd buy some. How about taking your idea to Swizzels, home of Love Hearts and Parma Violets in New Mills?

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The words tonight that 'prove I am not a robot' are dgentryt edgereve. The initial letter d looks very like the a of agent. Which makes the whole thing seem to me that it's telling you you are an agent right on the edge of a dream. (Only dream is in French because the Google sign has gone all Parisian tonight.)

And what does the dream mean? To keep everyone Sweet, our favourite agent gets up at eight and Sweeps her house to Perfection.

Or maybe it's about the agency's search for a perfect logo? That sweeping S works a bit like the long P in DPM.

Either way, DFK's subconscious is coming right up with some perfectly sweet answers.

Long may it do so.

David

11:10 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Could I order a black and amber one please? You do realise that "sweeper" is also a position in football? This could assist your marketing strategy.

12:23 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

One commercial could show a curling team on the ice, you know, sweeping. And another could show you with a broom cleaning your kitchen. And another could show cowboys and cowgirls singing "OOOOOOOklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain..."

The possibilities are mind-boggling.

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home