Thursday, February 17, 2011

Too Tired to Write

Of course I'm not really too tired to write. Too tired to write coherently, perhaps!

I've had another busy week but I have managed to go swimming in the morning yesterday and today, so that's good.

When I wake up I think - - ohhhh no, I can't drag myself all the way to the pool. And yet, once I'm there, I love it. The first ten lengths are always harder going but after that it's great. I am doing seventy lengths (rather than sixty-four which is a mile) on Sundays, because I have more time then. I want to build up to a hundred.

But during the week I've generally only time for a mile - and, let's face it, for several weeks recently I've just been too busy and had too many early starts to swim at all during the week.

The swimming really perks me up for the next few hours. Today I had to rush straight from swimming down to the University for a meeting about one of the students' exams. I know a lot of Simulated Patients and there were a whole group of them waiting to go and work on a different course from the one I was there for. It was good to see them but slightly confusing - I'd made the transition so fast from pool to medical school and was conscious of my still-wet hair!

After my meeting I came back to our office and plunged into compiling, typing and sending lots of invoices. I rather like doing that - it's a self-contained job that feels worthwhile - - like sending out bait to hook money for the actors!

But by the evening, the swimming has made me so relaxed that I can't do anything, much. So I've slonked in front of the television and now I'm wondering if half-past eight is too early to go to bed. Tomorrow I'm working with third-year medical students all day so I'll need my wits about me.

A busy day - - but I've enjoyed it. Whilst this dreary February weather is drizzling along, it's good to have interesting things to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

One of the interesting things I is read your blog, Daphne.

What was the final decision at your local pooleria concerning whether adults and children could swim at the same time? I don't remember if you told us how that all turned out.

3:25 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

"I is read" should have been "I read is"...sorry for a little incoherence of my own.

12:58 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Slonking? Sounds like a really interesting thing to do but just don't tell the boffins behind the Oxford Dictionary of English. Personally I love to splutch after a day's work or sometimes I croodle blissfully.

5:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home