Sunday, April 05, 2009

Springing

It's a beautiful sunny day today, though I haven't seen much of it as it's been the agency's four-weekly meeting today, when all the actors who are available gather to discuss things that are important for the running of the agency.

The meetings are always useful but for some reason often coincide with whatever sunny Sundays there are. I've been working for the agency since 1993 and I think it must be possible to predict weather patterns from our meeting dates, annoyingly. If it's a Sunday when there's the meeting - - then it's going to be sunny. Or, occasionally, in the winter, it waits until everyone's got here - they come from all over the country - and then snows, so they don't know if they'll be able to get home.

Still, Spring flowers in the sunshine are most definitely a Good Thing and here are two of my favourites, on a grassy bank by the cafe in Roundhay Park yesterday:

Daffodils and celandines. Here's a close-up of some more celandines, growing on Jackson Avenue: this is how they were this morning:

Daffodils are my favourite flowers, heralding the Spring. Probably my second favourite are foxgloves, as to me they are the essence of Summer.

Ahh - - of course the foxgloves diverted me, and I knew I'd taken a photo of some in some woodland in Headingley, Leeds - - and it turned out to be in June 2006, and here they are.

Anyway, back to the celandines. They are cheery little flowers, and when I see them, I know it's Spring. At last. Hurrah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

Oh how gorgeous!!!! All my flowers should be beginning to bloom when I get home. That will be nice to look forward to!

3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home