Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cereal Killer

I apologise if you came across this blog today - as people sometimes do - by searching for the word "Communist".

You'll be expecting some hardcore political discussion with a left-wing bias and I promise you I could do that, having had a whole childhood of bright red politics.

However, today I'm choosing not to. Today I'm giving you photos of a kitten in a cupboard. Hope you don't mind.

So I opened the cereal cupboard to get the porridge out and Wendy jumped in. She did at least have the good grace to look a bit guilty:

Only for a moment, though, before diving into the All-Bran: (pretty markings on her sides, I think you'll agree: you can click to make the photos larger if you wish to see her markings or, alternatively, criticise the untidiness of the cupboard. I've been busy, okay?)

So, having thoroughly investigated the All-Bran she wondered what to do next:

and decided to go for the jump.

Yes, another stunning photograph of Where Wendy Used to Be But Isn't Now. I have lots of those.

Sorry about the pun in the title. My excuse is that it's winter and I've got a cold and Stephen tried to buy me some Lemsip - the only possible thing that makes having a cold bearable in any way - and the pharmacist said NO. Daphne can't have Lemsip, for Daphne is diabetic and it clashes with her medication.

So I'm going to wallow in self-pity instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

The cupboard is prefectly tidy and the kitten is gorgeous, although perhaps not in the best place for a kitten to be. Hope your cold will soon be better - commiserations on the lack of Lemsip - it is really effective.

4:17 pm  
Blogger Debby said...

I heard somewhere that Rice Krispies are a comfort food.

Perhaps you could have a bit of lovely butter on something. Butter and lemsip have the same amount of letters...that should work!

5:47 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Pickle and pepper and barley and turnip and cherry and radish and endive and many, many other foods also have six letters, but I don't think any of them will replace either butter or Lemsip.

7:32 pm  
Blogger Grumpy Old Ken said...

What a nice change from all the serious stuff going on in the world today. I know we musn't ignore it but not all of the time eh!

8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy looks cute! I really want S to get one but he keeps holding off. He has the space and a garden and he loves cats.

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home