Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wrong Wresult

Unless you've been watching, you won't care.

I just watched the final of The X-Factor and the Wrong Man Won. (Go on, disagree with me, I dare you).

The winner was Leon, Babyfaced Crooner, over Rhydian of the Spine-Tingling Voice.

Judge Louis Walsh kept saying "It's a talent competition" but of course, once the judges lose their say in it, it really isn't. It's a popularity contest, and I expect that Leon mopped up masses of teenybopper votes, whereas Rhydian, classically trained but seemingly able to sing anything, is a bit older at an ancient 24, and a bit harder to pigeonhole.

Still, my consolation is that Rhydian's voice is so fantastic that he'll have a career anyway: whereas Leon, if he'd come second, would have just faded into obscurity, as happens to most people on these programmes who come anything other than first.

Third were brother-and-sister duo Same Difference: cheesy, old fashioned, happy, and totally professional in everything they did.

That's it - I'll quit whingeing - I'm all X-Factored out until next year.

Normal service on this blog - whatever that is - will be resumed tomorrow.




2 Comments:

Blogger MrsG said...

Oh my GOD it was a travesty!!!!! I was sure Rhydian had it in the bag until Leon pulled out the Kylie weapon - she gave him credibility and made him cute, damn it all. I guess it means that Rhydian will maybe get to do something more fulfilling and interesting then if he had just been contacted to Cowell & Co for the rest of his career, but just for ONCE I thought I had finally backed the winner! (Oh wait, I did, it's just that the public were too lame to actually vote for him!)

I'm never watching it again. Until next year, of course.

9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never watched X Factor but I have now seen/heard Leon (on GMTV) and he is awful so I am quite prepared to agree with you - the bloke with the silly blonde hair should have won it!

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home