Friday, August 03, 2007

Twelve Years Ago Today

Here's Emily, looking thoughtful, twelve years ago today.

Twelve years ago today was her sixth birthday. I expect the reason she's looking so thoughtful is that she's thinking "I bet that mother of mine's going to put this photo on her blog on my eighteenth birthday. Why are parents so embarrassing?"

For today is Emily's eighteenth birthday. She's fantastic, always has been, ask anyone who knows her - and the best daughter we could have had.

This week's news is that Emily and the lovely Gareth are going to get married next February. Okay, they're young - Gareth is twenty-one - but they've been together for three and a half years and are clearly very happy together.

We wish them both all the very best for the future, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Happy Birthday from me too.

I'll not be here for the wedding so you can save postage on the invitation !!

I will accept a bit of cake later though.

Ian

6:32 pm  
Blogger Diz said...

Happy Birthday Emily.
You're already part of the family, but we are looking forward to the wedding!
Les and I also had fun playing 'identify the legs' of the rest of the party.
The Outlaws

11:43 pm  
Blogger MrsG said...

Aww, happy birthday and congratulations!! (I got married at 22 - Too Young varies from person to person, and it was definitely right for me!) All joy to them both. xx

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home