Sunday, March 25, 2007

Coming Soon - La Belle France

Almost exactly a year ago, just a couple of weeks after I started this blog, Stephen, Emily, Gareth and I went to Burgundy for a week, to stay in a cottage owned by Graham and Christine Battye.

Graham, from Holmfirth originally, is an old friend who was a radio presenter and producer, and now lives in the delightful mediaeval village of Montreal. With his wife Christine, he runs a bed and breakfast, and just two minutes' walk away is the cottage where we stayed. Here's the view from the cottage:


My main deciding factor in suggesting that we went there was that it's within reach of a day trip to Paris and I had never been to Paris. I didn't know anything about Burgundy; all I knew was that it was a wine-producing region, but although I like wine I don't know much about it.
It was a wonderful holiday in a beautiful part of France: all forests, hills, fields, mediaeval villages and the nature reserve, the Morvan nearby. We had a day trip to Paris, and loved it.
So we are going back for another week, setting off next Friday. We're travelling by car and ferry: Portsmouth to Le Havre, which is what we did last year and it worked well. Eurostar is also good, provided there aren't too many of you - it was simply too expensive from Leeds for four of us.
So, have a look at Graham and Christine's website here and if you would like a fascinating holiday in a lovely place, it could be for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silverback said...

Well that's a very kind generous offer, Daphne, but if I take it up, I think I should pay SOMETHING towards it !

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home