Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Two Jokes

Here's my favourite joke:

What's tall and smells nice?
A giraffodil

Ah well, I didn't say it was the best joke ever: I just said it was my favourite. Emily brought it home from school once when she was small and I've always liked it.

But I don't remember jokes, generally: I enjoy them and forget them. You can tell them to me lots of times and I'll still enjoy them.

Here's a longer one that I have remembered, though: it's about a Computer Network Administrator and hence has a certain resonance in this household.

A Computer Network Administrator was walking along when he saw a little frog by his feet.
"Hello," said the frog.
"Hello," said the Computer Network Administrator. Not one to waste words, he picked the frog up and put it in his pocket.
"Mmmph" said the frog from the depths of his pocket. The Computer Network Administrator took the frog out and looked at it.
"If you kiss me," said the frog, "I will turn into a beautiful princess."
The Computer Network Administrator said nothing, but put the frog back in his pocket.
"Mmmph" said the frog. The Computer Network Administrator took the frog out again.
"Didn't you hear me?" said the frog. "A beautiful princess with long blonde hair and a fantastic figure. All you have to do is kiss me."
The Computer Network Administrator said nothing, but put the frog back in his pocket.
"MMMPH!" said the frog, rather crossly. The Computer Network Administrator took the frog out again.
"A beautiful PRINCESS." said the frog slowly. "With LONG BLONDE HAIR and a GREAT FIGURE. And an INSATIABLE SEXUAL APPETITE. All you have to do is KISS ME."
The Computer Network Administrator said nothing, but put the frog back in his pocket.
"MMMPH MMMPH MMMPH!" said the frog, in fury. The Computer Network Administrator took the frog out again.
"Why don't you just kiss me?" asked the frog, somewhat wearily.
"Look," said the Computer Network Administrator, "I work in Information Technology, so I don't have time for girlfriends. But a talking frog! - Hey, that's cool."

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsG said...

My favorite joke is:

Q: What's brown and sticky..?

A: A stick

Cracks me up every time!

xx A.

7:58 am  
Blogger Daphne said...

"What's brown and sticky?" is my SECOND favourite joke, after the giraffodil, and in fact I nearly mentioned it in my original post. Very pleased that someone else appreciates it too.

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home