Saturday, July 08, 2006

Cold Milk

It's been very, very hot recently.
I think our fridge has been overcompensating.

On Thursday I was doing some work on Communication Skills - body language, explaining skills, listening skills - with Year Elevens (age fifteen to sixteen) at the University of Leeds, as part of a course introducing them to medicine as a career.

The weather was meltingly hot and so was all of the university apart from the room they were in, which was air-conditioned and cool. Glorious, it was, after the heat outside.

When I arrived these teenagers were all doing lots of wrapping-jumpers-around-themselves coupled with a bit of shivering-acting and a lot of dramatic anguished glances meant to imply that they were going to collapse and DIE from hypothermia THIS MINUTE.

They were a very pleasant group and they worked very hard. I told them that I could see that they already knew plenty about body language.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home