Sunday, June 04, 2006

Red Red Red - - and revision

I'm posting late at night because I have been out walking on the Cleveland Way near Sutton Bank in North Yorkshire. More of that another time - except to say that it's stunningly beautiful. And to advise everyone to wear suncream, like I didn't. I had almost forgotten about sunshine as there has hardly been any this year. I did, however, wear my Tilley Hat. It is a superb Canadian Hat which is the best possible hat for walking in the sun. Read the blurb: it's all true. Except it doesn't mention how silly they look. Mine is the one on the right hand side with the huge brim. Great hat. Looks ridiculous.

Meanwhile, this is what has happened to our kitchen cupboards:

Emily's AS-level history revision about the Chartists and the Reform Bill Crisis 1830-1832.

It is not the weather for that sort of thing. The sun is shining and the May blossom is out, for goodness' sake! Here's the view from Sutton Bank this morning.


I wish we could find a better system, so that teenagers didn't have to sit external exams on days like this. They might never go out in the sunshine: they might still choose to sit in darkened rooms playing guitars - and that's fine by me, too - but at least they'd have the choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes, the kitchen cupboards look a little familiar.
Jen's walls are covered with chemistry spider diagrams and formulae. Literally, the walls; with indelible marker pen.

10:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home