Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Over the Misty Pennines

Tomorrow I'm heading West to a far-distant university city. Well, not THAT far but it'll be an early start, I can tell you - sixty miles or so.

It's for a medical students' exam, the kind where they move round from room to room, performing a different task in each - - interpreting an X-ray - - consulting with a patient - - testing reflexes - - that kind of thing. The exams usually need some Simulated Patients, of whom I am one.

I like to be well prepared for such things - - let's face it, I like to be well prepared for everything I do, I'm the kind of person who likes to prepare like crazy and then worry about everything for a bit. Why? - - Er - - dunno.

But I really haven't a clue about what I'm doing tomorrow.

Why? They sent me a script in the post (it can't be emailed for reasons of confidentiality) and it didn't arrive.

So I let them know, and they immediately sent me another one, which also didn't arrive.

So I let them know - - and there'll be a script waiting for me when I get there tomorrow morning.

All I have been told is a vague approximation where I have the pain. If it is pain that I have. I can't tell you. Confidential, see. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

I've got to be there at half-past eight and it finishes at five. Deep breath - - it's going to be a long day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

maybe your affliction is supposed to be anxiety, memory loss and confusion...?

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home