Saturday, October 31, 2009

In Tenby

It should be out of season here, surely!

In Park Hotel they are putting up the Christmas decorations this weekend and it's a tremendous amount of work for the staff. All those greens and reds and golds go very well with the general decor of the place and it looks wonderful.

But outside, it's so mild that I've walked all round Tenby today with no jumper or coat or anything. I've walked along all the beaches. I've sat and looked at the sea. The tide was so far out that I could wander all round the harbour looking at the boats.

Then I went into the town itself - it was just as busy as it is in July, with all the cafes doing a roaring trade. I know it's been half-terrm week, but even so I was surprised to see it so busy.

It's good though, to see it bustling like this. Lots of places are decorated for Hallowe'en. And the beaches are as lovely as ever.

It was a beautiful drive down through Wales yesterday. The standard of driving deteriorated rapidly after Manchester Airport but I think that could have been because Silverback got out of the car to catch his plane to Florida, and I had to take over.

There was hardly any traffic in mid-Wales, though I kept hearing on the radio that there were terrible jams elsewhere. All I saw were sheep, mostly, and lovely scenery.

I'm typing this on my little Eee which is fine in some ways but I can't just rattle away on it like on a full-size machine, so I'll stop now and have a rest before dinner.

Silverback's safely in Florida, I'm glad to say, with the blue skies and the palm trees. Though I'm looking at palm trees too. There are lots in Tenby - I think that's where my love of them came from originally.

Roast turkey for dinner tonight - -- Christmas decorations everywhere- - really I have no idea what season I think it is. But I'm going to do my best to enjoy this stolen weekend of Summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Enjoy! How confusing to be having Christmas already, it could make you think you were in the other Hemisphere!

9:22 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Bet it is not as warm as it is here in western Argentina! But it is nice to think that England is having a late warm spell. Is that an Indian summer or a Floridian summer you are having? Silverback didnĀ“t need to go after all!

2:53 am  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Is Stephen with you? Is your mother still there in Tenby? Inquiring minds want to know!

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home