Friday, March 28, 2008

Back in Blighty

When I started this blog it was really because I enjoy writing - and occasionally ranting! - about things and it never occurred to me that there were real people out there who might read it, and whom I might meet.

I met Silverback twice last autumn, after we'd been reading each other's blogs for a while. When we met, I instantly wished we'd met sooner. It was my fault entirely that we hadn't - I was thinking, well, we seem to get on when leaving comments on each other's blogs - - what if we don't like each other in real life?

Then he went off to Florida for the winter - - we've kept in touch - - and now he's back, just the same but with one helluva suntan: a fairly new friend who feels like a very old friend, in the best sense of the word.

Welcome back, good sir, and hurrah for blogging.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurrah indeed! Take care of my good friend until he returns to moi! We met basically the same way and that was over 10 years ago!

12:36 pm  
Blogger Daphne said...

Thank you, Debby - I certainly plan to. And thank you for reading my blog. I'm thinking of you in sunny Florida, and hope you enjoy the rest of your time there.

12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home