Sunday, May 07, 2006

Accidental Art

Sometimes I come across things that aren't really art at all but which are so pleasing to the eye - my eye at least - that I have to take a photograph of them.

I love this tower, and I can't explain why - but what a great shape!


And this little letter box, found in a French village:

I usually like simplicity, but in this I like its fussiness - it is a letter box with attitude and self-importance.


This is, I think, an old dog-kennel and I like the slight air of decay with the tangled Spring greenery around it. There's something that always moves me about oldness and newness together but I have never quite worked out why.


This is just sunshine on a rock - but I like the stripes. Spring sunshine! Hurrah!


I think this is my favourite of all of these and it's an old ivy-covered tree stump by a river in the rain. I love those greens together.

It's hard to tell whether it's the shapes that I like, or the colours, or the associations and thoughts that they give me - probably a mixture of all of these. But it's a very individual thing - sometimes when I show them to other people I can see them thinking "What?"

What do you think?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The postbox doesn't look any fussier than a lot of British pillarboxes to me...

11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home